Saturday, August 2, 2014

Life in the rearview mirror

Micron Pen/WC Wash
Both metaphorically and literally, I was sitting in the ferry line looking back on my day at Cloudstone Sculpture Park.
Clinton Dock Ticket Booth

I still felt like actually sketching instead of serious plein air painting and decided to use materials at hand.  There was the boarding ticket for the ferry which I had just received, and my handy extra pen from my purse on the seat next to me. While waiting for the ferry, I quickly sketched the ticket booth while looking at it through my rear view mirror. Once I got home, I added a few light washes of watercolor.

Looking back...............
Portal Tomb at Carrowmore 7.28.99
Fifteen years ago, I participated in an international cultural exchange between Women Painters of Washington and women painters in Ireland and Northern Ireland. Between the two exhibits, we had time to tour the land and paint on location. I stood under a tree at the Carrowmore Megalithic Cemetery, and painted this view (above) of a tomb and the distant view of Maeve's tomb.

Work in progress on Friday at Cloudstone. 8.1.2014
 I spent a lot of time reminiscing about my trip to Ireland, while working on my sketch (above) at the Cloudstone Sculpture Park on Whidbey Island yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment