Thursday, August 14, 2014

Grey Days

"Summer Squall" - Original Watercolor by Michele Cooper

If you've been reading my recent posts, you know I was sorely tempted to go back to Rosabella's, if only to get a look at the famous 5lb. apple pies. Today is one of only three days a week that they are open!

Value Plans - Pencils or Paints
 Then we got quite a bit of rain yesterday and again this morning. It accomplished two things:
  1. I lost interest in driving all the way to Bow in the rain, thereby being saved from encountering the giant apple pie and possibly taking one home.
  2. I was inspired to think about the way wet in wet watercolor loosens up one's approach to sketching, drawing and painting while using a limited palette in the color of the day.
After all my recent line work and summer color, I'm ready to loosen up and simplify the landscape into broad areas of value or tone. These are my two paintings of the day.

"Summer Squall" by Michele Cooper
Original Watercolor - 7x15" - Price: $115

Value Plans - Sketchbook page NFS

No comments:

Post a Comment