Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Easy Turban Squash Recipe

Turban Squash, for all its dramatic color, is a scary one to cook. Why? Because you risk a tragic accident just trying to cut it! That goes for Acorn Squash, too! Once you have it cut in two and the seeds removed, just place the halves in a baking pan, cover 1/2 way up to the rim with hot water and roast at 375° F for 1 hr.

Wash the seeds, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Let them roast in a separate pan for about 10 minutes. Yum!

6 comments:

  1. Oooh, I DID almost have such a tragic accident with another type of squash -- they are dangerous! That knife looks treacherous!

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heheh. Yes, did you see how you were momentarily distracted by the lure of an easy recipe, all the while retaining a peripheral view of the treacherous knife?! Danger lurks nearby!

      Delete
  2. Interesting looking squash...reminds me of a giant acorn. lol Nice sketches. I find most of the types of squash at this time of year are so difficult to cut, but worth it when you roast them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joan. Yes, I thought that it looked like a giant acorn, too. A friend told me that she uses an axe to cut them!

      Delete
  3. I just saw a turban squash (for the first time?) at Craven Farm sketch outing this past Sunday! I try not to use my oven over the summer, but now it's getting time to warm the house and cooking squash in the over is a good way to do so. Wonderful ink sketches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, Kate. I think the turban squash is one of the most dramatic and colorful of them all, and really fun to draw. I have seen the outside of it used as the bowl for squash or pumpkin soup! I agree, cozy way to warm the house. :)

      Delete