Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Explored!

I've been Explored on Flickr! My sketch of the waterfront cabin was picked as one of the 500 finest photos on Tuesday. I am stunned that over 6,000 views have been counted on it.
Explore is Flickr's way of showcasing the most interesting photos within a given point in time -- usually over a 24 hour period.

Flickr receives about 6,000 uploads every minute -- That's about 8.6 million photos a day! From this huge group of images, the Flickr Interestingness algorithm chooses only 500 images to showcase for each 24-hour period. That's only one image in every 17,000!

Considering that the overwhelming majority of these images are photos, not paintings, I am honored indeed!
I thought you might like to see the location that inspired the sketch, so here it is:
Another view of the cabin

AND THEN!.....
The creator of The Perfect Sketchbook asked if he could show my work on his Facebook page!
https://www.facebook.com/theperfectsketchbook

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting Explored, Michele!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tina. I was quite taken aback by it all, since I wasn't even aware of Explore or how it worked until this happened!

      Delete