Tuesday, September 23, 2014

DO NOT EAT


Pay no attention to the Cheshire Cat or anyone else in Wonderland for that matter. Noooooo!
These absolutely non-edible mushrooms suddenly appeared in our lawn today after a soft, intermittent drizzle of rain. Unless you harvest your own wild edible mushrooms, it's hard to find any in the store with the roots still on them. I think the natural shape is so much better than a chopped off end. 
After adding warm and cool watercolor touches.
I do know that the red striped cloth is there. The question is: Would you paint it into the picture?
Lamy pen with water soluble ink and a touch of watercolor.
I like the way they turned out, even before adding color. The ink in my fountain pen creates the perfect pale shadow as I run the damp watercolor brush next to it. The paper in my Stillman & Birn Beta Sketchbook is perfect for this ink and wash approach. It's smooth for great line work and thick (180 lb. white) to hold the watercolor washes without wrinkling.

No comments:

Post a Comment