Monday, August 4, 2014

Sketching at Cap Sante - Anthony's Dock

Tucked under the gangway, near the boat lift at Anthony's Dock, my "sketchy" friends and I enjoyed another summer afternoon in Anacortes today. With a clear sky and temperatures in the 80's, we set up right on the water, where cool breezes refreshed us. (See more photos of our day on the ASk blog.)

It was a pleasant surprise when Kevin Paul, the Swinomish Coast Salish master carver, stopped by to chat while we painted. Coincidentally, I had just seen his totems at the houseboat docks at Lake Union recently.
Watercolor Line and Wash - Anthony's Dock, Anacortes
Below is my ink line drawing, sketch, before adding watercolor. I am really enjoying the way each medium works on the paper in my new Stillman & Birn Beta sketchbook.
Micron Pen in my Stillman & Birn Beta Sketchbook

No comments:

Post a Comment