Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Rainy Day Cat Nap

Someone once told me that every cat has two homes: the one where their owners live and the one where they spend all the rest of their time. I believe it.

A cat has been napping, meowing, hanging around and generally acting like our home is hers. We never let her into the house, so she has about 5 or 6 spots around our yard and patio where she takes naps. She goes home at night but the rest of the time she's here. This has been going on for over a decade. We have no idea what her name is or where she really lives. She sneaked into the studio yesterday and stared intently at the bin under the counter. Disconcerting.....and I don't want fleas in the studio. OUT!

We stack our patio cushions on the umbrella table to protect them from rain. That's when this cat enjoys the cushiest of nap times. THAT'S when I have to get a lint roller out for cat hair! And I don't even own a cat. Come on! I have proof that she is quite pleased about the whole thing. While we both hid out from the rain today, I decided to make a watercolor sketch from my view of her out the back door of the studio. Here is her portrait, napping on a stack of our cushions, wearing that self satisfied smile.

"Rainy Day Cat Nap"
Original Watercolor by Michele Cooper
Size: 8x10"  Price: $100

No comments:

Post a Comment