Saturday, June 23, 2018

Rita Sketching


I was tempted to do a contour drawing while Rita was focused on her nature journal at the top of the trail from Buster Brown Field.

I tucked this sketch into the fold over part of my handmade accordion sketchbook, ready to add watercolor washes later.
June 28, 2018 = 7:30pm Back in the studio on Thursday night, I did a live broadcast of some additions and corrections to my North Cascades nature journal. See the replay on periscope.tv/michelecoopart
Some souvenirs of our weekend in the North Cascades
My 19 minute demo on Periscope includes tips on making corrections and using watercolor, watercolor pencil and pen.
Rita sketching on a windy hilltop in the North Cascades.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Michele! I was just in Periscope to see what finishing touches you were putting on your journal and got a kick out of your inclusion of this particular subject :) (Now thinking of adding myself to my own watercolor journal - lol!!) Seriously, thanks again for a wonderful weekend experience at NCI; I came away totally inspired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading my blog and watching my NCI Journal Periscope. Glad you got a kick out of my secret sketch. :) Thank you for your kind words regarding our weekend workshop at NCI. It was a pleasure sharing some tips and techniques with you on nature journaling.

      Delete