Saturday, November 15, 2014

Chilly afternoon at the Ballard Locks

This afternoon, I am going out sketching in the Ballard area of Seattle. I'm not sure exactly what I will find but I have just unwrapped my new Stillman and Birn Beta sketchbook and can't wait to get it started! - 2:30pm
I can see someone in the little office. It's attached like a bird's nest on the side of the bridge.

Brrrrr! That was cold! We found ourselves down by the Ballard locks where the bridge was raised up. I could see someone in the gate keeper's office. A train approached and the bridge was lowered while I shivered in the little covered shelter on my side of the channel.

3:45 pm After that, we found the warm welcome of Caffè Appassionato over by Fisherman's Wharf. Nothing could have been cozier than late Saturday afternoon with a warm cup in my hands, the aroma of fresh roasted coffee and the sound of an occasional newspaper page being turned.
One sketch out in the cold, one in the cozy warm coffee shop.



No comments:

Post a Comment