Sunday, October 18, 2015

Inktober in Snohomish

I spent the morning with Seattle Urban Sketchers at Craven Farms in Snohomish. Right there at the main gate was a great spot to make my Inktober 18 drawing.

Each gate post along the exits and entrances to the farm has a distinctive finial made of metal.

Everyone was already in the main farmyard, but rain was expected at any time, so I wanted to be sure to capture this before any drops fell. My water soluble ink would smudge and smear if it got rained on, and not in a good way.

Inktober finished for the day. Now I'm off to join the others in the farmyard for more sketching.

2 comments:

  1. Both sketches are great! I'm enjoying seeing your ink sketches. With the washy look to the ink I barely miss seeing color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for such a very nice comment, Joan. Glad that you are enjoying Inktober!

      Delete