Thursday, March 9, 2017

Day 4 and 7 short of Goal

I'm sketching at Haagen's grocery tonight after a really busy day. Got this shot of the last group to leave. I'll be 7 short of my goal of sketching 20 people for the day so tomorrow it is going to be catch up time. 
For me, the quickest way to sketch a group is directly painting with a brush, no pencil or preliminary drawing. I'm starting to get a better feel for the hot press surface in my new Stillman and Birn Zeta sketchbook.  I'm using a Pentel Waterbrush and my Atoids watercolor mini tin with 6 colors. If time allows, I can use my Sharpie Stylo fine tip pen for a few details. The woman in her '30s (upper right group)  had an entire collection of what looked like toddlers' car seat toys strung up and hanging from her backpack zipper pull.

So this brings my total to 74 people sketches so far. Tomorrow is Friday, the last day of the challenge. I have a class to teach until 1:00. I'm glad it will be a day when there's typically a lot of people out there!

1 comment:

  1. I like seeing the people clustered around the tables or in small groups. It makes the sketches so much more personal. Good job!

    ReplyDelete