Sunday, December 2, 2007

Snow at Stevens Pass

$208.00
Original Watercolor on Paper
11"x14"

We don't have that much snow here in the NW. So, when it happens, we hardly know what to do with it.

I paralyzed myself yesterday with choices:
First, we woke up to a beautiful "powdered sugar" landscape. I thought I might paint that from the studio windows after running a few errands. Temporarily paralyzed.

On the way home, though, the light on the mountains with their fresh coat of snow was too much to resist. I didn't have my camera with me, so I rushed home to get it, then back down the street for that view........and the light was gone! Paralyzed.

I came out of my grumbling prowl later in the day when big, fat fluffy flakes started to fall and stick! Okay, now, I just have to wait until it thickens up. Paralyzed. No good, it got dark. Paralyzed, again.

Alright, that's it! I shook myself out of snow-induced paralysis, got out my old videos of family trips over Stevens Pass, pushed the "pause" button at a paintable scene and here it is! Daylight, lots of snow and the passion to paint. No problem.

Just one thing: I thought I would solve a blogging problem with images before I published this one. Paralyzed.

So that's why you're seeing yesterday's painting today.

No comments:

Post a Comment