Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Crafting a Journal While Stranded


Nov 17: Just finished my #junkjournal for #nikthebooksmith #desertedislandchallenge See the flip through at https://youtu.be/kdVTTsHgrUw
I've been having fun in the craft side of my studio lately! Nik the Booksmith issued a journal making challenge called "The Deserted Island Journal Challenge".

We were challenged to make a journal from scratch with just a few items:
I was limited to 8 items:
#coffeedyedpaper
#fabritac glue
#scissors
#needle and #3plybamboothread
#guttedbook cover
Approximately 12x12" #fabric
One 12x12" sheet of #scrapbookpaper #Authentique #seamaiden #mermaid
#TimHoltzDistressInk #vintagephoto


This was so much fun, though challenging!
I'm almost finished with a surprise addition to this minimal journal. Subscribe to my craft channel to be notified when it will be public! Wait until you see how I blinged it all up!

I have a new YouTube channel just for my handmade journals and sketchbooks. Please visit, subscribe, like and comment! 
As always, I will post tutorials, demonstrations and other fine art watercolor videos on my original YouTube channel. Please subscribe to that one if your interest is more on the "watercolor fine art" side.

No comments:

Post a Comment