Sunday, October 22, 2017

Inktober 2017, Day 19-22


For some reason, I've been inspired lately by animals to represent the official Inktober prompts.
Day 20 - Deep (There are several pods of Orca here who swim the deep channels up the coast to the Canadian Pacific)
Day 21 - Furious (I have no idea why he is so upset, but it's hard to take infuriated squirrels seriously)
Day 22 - Trail (Ewwwww. We have snails AND slugs leaving lots of trails in this rainy season.)
Day 19- Cloud (You can hear the geese flying south above the clouds)
Although I am surrounded by glorious autumn color, it is still immensely satisfying to draw something with ink every day. Thanks, Jake Parker, for the inspiration!

4 comments:

  1. I like your animal-inspired interpretations. . . it makes it a little easier to focus on the prompts. Between Inktober and the graphite drawing class I'm taking this quarter, I'm missing color a lot! :-(

    - Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tina! I feel your pain! I see we both succumbed to the last week of fall color, though! Shame to waste such dramatic glory on black and white!

      Delete
  2. Wonderful! I really like that snail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Kate. I really enjoyed those last three viewpoints: looking up at the geese, across at the squirrel, and down at the snail!

    ReplyDelete