Just for World Watercolor Month, I have made 5 short YouTube video tutorials on easy how-to watercolor techniques and I will post them here each day. That way you can learn how watercolor works as you do your daily practice. Follow this link to today's free short video tutorial.
Today is Day 5 and I am having so much fun looking at the vast selection of watercolors from around the world being posted on Instagram and Facebook! This time my tutorial is about color temperature and easy to do value scales. Watch the video for tips on how to mix them.
|Watch today's YouTube video for tips on making light and dark gradations with the 3 color palette. Wine bottles provide the opportunity to play with warm/cool colors. Wait till you see my page full of warm/cool color swatches to try!|
|Watercolor Value Gradations and color temperature with a Limited primary palette of just three colors. You will need:|
- Fabriano Artistico, Arches or Saunders Waterford 140# watercolor paper
- Pentel waterbrush, your choice of a round watercolor brush
- water in small plastic cup
- 3 small tubes of artist's quality watercolor (squeeze a bit out onto a saucer or make a DIY tiny travel palette and use the lid for mixing.
- Colors: Azo Yellow, Quinacridone Rose, Phthalo Blue (green shade)