Thursday, July 31, 2014

Three page spread finished-Jennings Park

For the past three days, I have been sketching at the WSU Extension Master Garden at Jennings Park. It's been so hot in the afternoons, I'm going this morning when it's cooler to see if the light works for me. I'll let you know when I get back.

This 7x15" spread is part of my 2015 Sketchbook Project

Okay, I'm back! It was so much cooler being in the garden around 10:30 am rather than after 2 pm in the afternoon. Once I finished my sketches of summer squash, I found a lovely picnic table in a shady arbor on the north side of Jennings barn. That's where I finished the journal writing and painted my sketch of the little Altoids mini palette. See how you can make one of your very own here.  All the watercolors on these pages were done with only 6 colors, pen and pencil. (When I got back to my car, the gauge said it was 92°F out in the parking lot. Thankfully, it cooled down to 84°F on the way home.


Jennings Memorial Park is a treasure and has come such a long way since we took our children there in the 1970/80's. Tonight, there will be a free outdoor concert in the Lions Centennial Pavilion. They now have free Saturday movies outdoors in the summer, too!


No comments:

Post a Comment