Monday, March 19, 2012

Show Announcement, April 4-28

"Viewpoints"
Paintings by Michele Cooper

April 4-28, 2012

Gallery by the Bay, Stanwood, WA
Open Wed-Sat  11-5

Artists' Reception: Friday, April 6
 4pm-7pm      Refreshments served

I view my painting experience as a "conversation with the light". It's a constant give and take during the hour or so that I spend on location. No matter how many times I return to the same spot, there is always something new to discover.......and try to express on a mere two dimensional surface. I'm always looking for ways to edit out nonessential details, leaving the essence of this engagement in my composition.


My desire is that, even without words, the viewer sees that there is room in this dialog for them, too.

You and your friends and family are most welcome. I look forward to seeing you at the opening reception.

No comments:

Post a Comment