Monday, July 27, 2009

A Delicate Balance

Plein Air Original Watercolor
8 x 10"

Another one for the Land Trust show, from mid-June. Just getting around to framing it today.

When I went to Kristofferson's creek, I didn't see a painting at first. I followed the path into the cool forest and down to a platform where the "creek" was. Mosquitos attacked immediately and the creek was just a trickle. Not at all what I expected, so I turned around to go back to the car.

Then as I was coming back out to the entrance, I saw it! The sun lit up the young trees and new daisies. All through this experience, I realized that there was a delicate balance at work......between the occupied areas surrounding the creek, between my expectations of what I was going to paint and, during the process of painting; between the warm/cool, light/dark shapes and the sunlit textures . It truly was a balancing act.

1 comment:

  1. So soft and beautiful. I can imagine myself quietly sitting here just breathing in the fresh air and picking the pedals off of daisy's.
    Megan

    ReplyDelete