Thursday, July 20, 2017

Summer Skies

Front seat sketching, on location and out of the wind. 
We are so used to dramatic skies here in the Pacific NW that it's been a challenge to be inspired with plain old boring blue skies for the past month. Even though I painted this watercolor to fulfill the Day 5 challenge for World Watercolor Month, I actually had to wait for day 20 before being inspired.
It finally did rain a little today. I drove about 5 minutes from home to park at a soccer field where a perfectly inspirational summer sky was waiting to be painted. Without any preliminary drawing I used my #10 Escoda travel brush and Prima watercolor set on 140lb Fabriano Artistico CP watercolor paper.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Like the auto studio, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful clouds! You sure you don't want to put those wires in, though? ;-)

    - Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was tempted to put in the wires but decided against it. My concept was summer skies and I wanted to see how few shapes it would take to get the idea across.

      Delete