Monday, April 3, 2017

All Hail Broke Loose!

I had a lot of fun spoofing my Instagram friends yesterday about the patch of wild Kolinsky sable watercolor brushes. Loved the comments on both the still photo and the video. View 30 second video here.
No sooner did I have my deluxe outdoor setup ready for working in my nature journal than the temperature dipped and it started to hail! I had to duck into the studio for about 20 minutes before I could resume.

When I came back to the large pot that I was using as a stand for my sketchbook, there were little pin head sized ice pellets of hail speckled in the soil. So I added that to my three page spread.

I'm still working on the rest of the page spread but I think I might be finished by tomorrow. It's no problem doing the sketches but I have a lot of research to do on indentifying the specimens growing on the log.

No comments:

Post a Comment