Saturday, August 15, 2015

One last Chance to see the Sketchbook Project in Seattle-Today from 11-3!

Today is the last day of the Seattle leg of the 2014 Sketchbook Project Tour. The Mobile Library will be at the Olympic Sculpture Park pavilion from 11 am–3 pm
The Mobile Library just before opening on Friday.
A line forms right away. You can check in by smart phone if you like.

The museum has tables and chairs set up under the pavilion roof.
We met this lovely married couple and asked them to pose with their books.


Here I am on Friday, checking out my book. Weather should be great today! Photo by MK Buike
 I went back for three consecutive days to sketch this three page fold out at Jennings Park in Marysville last summer. See the location shot I took while painting it last summer, here.

Update: 9:00 pm Saturday
I get an email notification whenever my book is checked out and viewed. Quite a few this tour. Thanks so much to those who took the time to pick out my book and view it. I trust you enjoyed wandering through my sketches as much as I did making them.

There are three more stops in the tour, one in Chicago and two in Ontario. Then it's back home to the Brooklyn Art Library. 

The Sketchbook Project is a Brooklyn-based, crowd-sourced library of over 32,000 sketchbooks submitted by people of all ages and backgrounds from 135+ countries. Each year the Project takes a portion of that collection out on the road in their Mobile Library which travels with over 4,000 books to visit museums, galleries, and other great spaces across the United States and Canada. Explore the collection or contribute to it while the Sketchbook Project visits the Olympic Sculpture Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment