Monday, November 3, 2014

The Shabby French Market with ASk

It felt so very French with 1940's jazz and pop tunes on the air. I turn a corner and there's a picture on the wall in a little alcove. It's a sepia photograph of a carriage driving down the wide dirt street of Commercial Avenue in 1910 and the Keystone Building is on the corner. That building now has a shop called The Shabby French Market, the perfect place to sketch on a rainy autumn afternoon.
I spent a wonderful day downstairs with the Anacortes Sketchers, drifting through time from one spot to another on a journey of discovery.
It's the last page of my sketchbook and I'm still working on it. 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Tina. That's exactly the word that kept coming to me.......and it truly was dreamy. :)

      Delete