Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Day Four and Five of 30x30 Direct Watercolor

DAY FOUR

I'm still frantically trying to keep up with the roses and the challenge of one direct waterccolor painting a day at the same time. I want to do several different sketches before they have to be pruned. There won't be another bloom until late August.
Just a few steps out the door from my studio.
I still need to post my Day Two sketch of the roses arched over my studio window. It's on different paper and not in this sketchbook.
After cutting a bouquet of Siberian Iris, Mock Orange and Ceanothus, I brought my sketch in to dry.
I left some room, albeit to the left of my sketch today, for tomorrow. I doubt I will have time to post these until then. (What can I say? Time is not really linear for me.) It's hard to keep up with the FaceBook group, Instagram and other social media during a marathon of sketching and painting.


DAY FIVE
Bees and Ceanothus (California Lilac)
See my post on the official 30x30 Direct Watercolor Facebook Group page for some compositional notes on why I arranged this sketch the way I did. #30x30DirectWatercolor2018
I think I saw at least 4 different types of  bees all over this ceanothus bush.

I posted the above photos plus a short little video of happy bees on my Instagram feed.
And here's what they look like together in my sketchbook.
Day 4 on the right and Day 5 on the left. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment