Thursday, March 17, 2016

Hack Your Kindle Cover and Make a Custom Watercolor Sketchbook

I had so much fun sharing this recycling art tip on Periscope today! Thanks to those who watched live and asked questions and sent hearts. I hope this gives you some good ideas on making your own custom sketchbook.
If I missed your question, please post on the comments below or on my IG account.
For a tutorial on how to sew the watercolor paper into the Sketchbook Project cover, see my YouTube Channel here and here.

Every week I broadcast art tips and tutorials live on Thursdays at 4:30 pm! periscope.tv/michelecoopart  If you missed it live, you have 24 hours to watch the replay.

For previous broadcasts that you may have missed go to:
https://katch.me/michelecoopart


Oh, yeah, and also......When I get all excited about sketchbooks, I get mixed up about the name of the sketchbook in the YouTube Title (it's not a Moleskine) and the initials for Do It Yourself (DIY) heheh. So my new acronym is DYI which stands for Do You Innovate? or Do You Inspire?

2 comments:

  1. For the viewer who asked where to buy the Pentallic Aqua watercolor sketchbook(not on Amazon).... Pentallic does sell it on their own website: http://www.pentalic.com/product/aqua-journal/ I comes in two sizes, similar to Moleskine regular and pocket sizes. But, as Michelle, says, the paper is SO much better. It's 140 pound, 100% cotton

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kate. I hope she sees this. Good to know!

      Delete