Sunday, January 18, 2015

Sunday's Twelve Hour Cold Remedy

Last Sunday, we started out at the beach in Lanikai and ended up eating ice cream in Haleiwa. Monday I realized that I had caught a nasty cold from my little granddaughter. They say that a cold lasts about a week without treatment, with treatment about 7 days. I wasn't so sure about that at 3:30 this morning.

With the national flu map lit up in red from coast to coast, I called the nurse line at our doctor's office on Friday to see if my symptoms warranted going in to the clinic. I was assured that I didn't have the flu, but a bad cold with congestion and got some good advice on how to alleviate my symptoms. The results are good, but not enough to allow me to go out sketching with the USk Seattle group today. :(
12 hours at the end of a nasty cold.
So I sketched what I saw on the kitchen countertop from my vantage point on the couch in the family room. This helped distract me from the depressing first three quarters of the Seahawks game. By the final score at around 3:30 pm I was feeling a whole lot better! The home team won in overtime and they're going to the Super Bowl for the second year in a row!

I just had to celebrate with a giant cupcake decorated with the team colors and "twelfth man" frosted numbers. Suddenly I realized that my color scheme had subliminaly evolved into the team colors, too!

Vast improvement on many fronts in just twelve hours. What a great way to "cure" the common cold!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you caught such a nasty cold, but you seemed to find another treatment...sketching. Nice combination of text and subjects!!

    ReplyDelete