Saturday, April 7, 2012

Los Tres Amigos Progression

 One of the 38 paintings in my show at Gallery by the Bay this month is "Los Tres Amigos (Tomatillos)"

8x10" Original Watercolor Framed : 11x14"
(Click images to zoom)

I started out with a contour drawing from the set up in my studio of two tomatillos and a husk. I painted the warm and cool lights and darks, capturing the light and cast shadows.

For the background, I used a darker value to highlight the tops of the tomatillos. I used Fabriano Artistico watercolor paper, which creates some very nice textural drizzles wet on wet.


Finally, I painted just a few of the delicate veins in the husk for texture.
(Click images to see larger)

To purchase this painting, please contact Gallery by the Bay or pick it up in person Wednesday-Saturday, 11-4.

To learn how to paint in watercolor, come to my new series of classes starting April 17 at Gallery by the Bay. For more info please
Phone360-629-4297
Emailbyindy@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment