Saturday, March 21, 2020

Mountains and Wordsworth


Original Watercolor by Michele Cooper (15x22”)If you follow my instagram or Facebook art page, you have probably already seen this painting and the following quote. I include it here for those who haven't seen it yet.
Mountains can reflect emotional influences, so as to lift the spirit and powerfully affect for good the moral life of humanity. William Wordsworth expressed this in his poem "Tintern Abbey", published in Lyrical Ballads (1798):
Therefore am I still
A lover of the meadows and the woods,
And mountains; and of all the mighty world
Of eye, and ear, well pleased to recognize
In nature and the language of the sense,
The anchor of purest thoughts, the nurse,
The guide, the guardian of my heart, and soul
Of all my moral being. 

No comments:

Post a Comment