Friday, September 19, 2014

Lunch Special at Caramel's Kaffe

They even serve it on a blue striped plate!
As I was writing on my sketch page, a customer came over from her table across the room and said, in a British accent, "We just have to ask, "Are you J.A. Jance?"
Evidence of the all-important tasting stage of painting your lunch.
We have a new place in town and it's just what I have been looking for: cozy, friendly, yummy and close! It's Caramel's Kaffe. Although I drive by often, I just haven't been inspired to go in. Now that my USk Seattle painting buddies are only meeting every other week, I am trying to keep up the daily sketching when I'm on my own. I've done it before, but have gotten spoiled this summer. I think I've found the answer!

2 comments:

  1. You have the funniest adventures! :-) Don't tell me you ate only a few bites and then stopped long enough to sketch your meal! If I ever sketch a meal, it's mostly from memory, because I can't wait that long!

    - Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a test, drawing when you're hungry, but I have mastered the art of chewing and drawing at the same time. I got used to cold soup while bringing up my children. Rarely a hot meal for years. :)

      Delete