Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Perils of Plein Air

There is no such thing as the unhampered artist. I know, I've been there.....hundreds of times! Just when you think the light is perfect, the viewpoint solves most of your compositional problems and you're ready for the final 5 strokes.........the biggest, yellowest school bus comes and parks right in front of your easel!

I did have a memorable experience here though. Earlier in the day, I was about 2/3 finished with the painting when I became aware of someone standing behind me. A very polite voice said, "Your colors are so beautiful! May I take a photo of you and your work?"
 I thought I recognized her, asked her if her name was Anne and realized we had met the year before while I was painting "Down Holbrook". Anne is a poet who lives on Whidbey Island. I told her I needed help with a title and she came up with a great one: "Going for Green."

 I'll post a better photo of this painting for you later.
Update: Here’s the finished painting https://michelecooper.blogspot.com/2010/09/going-for-green.html


2 comments:

  1. The painting is much prettier than the actual scene. Way to go Michele!
    --Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us! I had been thinking of you today wondering if you are having a class at DS this month. Hope so.
    Smiles,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete